All matinee performances of Cinderella are sold out, with only a few tickets remaining for Friday and Saturday evening.
Tickets for the Sound of Music (11th-14th April 2012) will be available before and after performances of Cinderella (2nd-4th December). Tickets are available for £10 each and are sure to sell quickly for this popular show which has just finished a 2 year run on the West End, starring Connie Fisher as Maria, and was the inspiration for timeless film starring Julie Andrews.
Book your seat early to guarantee availability.
OMTC are proud to be one of the first Amateur companies with a licence to perform Rogers and Hammerstein’s “The Sound of Music”, with Music and Lyrics by Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein, and a book by Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse. It is based on the memoir of Maria von Trapp, The Story of the Trapp Family Singers.
The Sound of Music has many familiar and beautiful songs, including “I have Confidence”, “Do, Ray Mi”, “The Lonely Goatherd” and “Edelweiss”. Combine this with the well-written, well-known story and this show promises to be a hit.
Casting has already taken place for this show, and we have a great cast, made up of:
- Maria Rainer: Kate MacDonald
- Captain von Trapp: Mark Lord
The Von Trapp children:
- Liesl von Trapp: Rachel Smith
- Friedrich von Trapp: Tom Nicholas
- Louisa von Trapp: Rosemary Lavender
- Kurt von Trapp: Max Lewis
- Brigitta von Trapp: Verity Jones, Eve Mountford
- Marta von Trapp: Emily Holmes, Sadie Sumner
- Gretl von Trapp: Emily Sumner, Imogen Forse
And the rest of the principal cast:
- Elsa Schraeder: Julie Fisher
- Max Detweiller : Phil Sumner
- Mother Abbess: Heather Williams
- Rolf Gruber: Robert Sharp
- Mother Abbess: Janet Williams
- Sister Berthe: Isabella Lord
- Sister Margaretta: Rachel Humphreys
- Sister Sophia: Heather Williams
- Solo Nun: Barbara Wilcock
- Frau Schmidt: Barbara Wilcock
- Franz: Gareth Lord
- Herr Zeller: Malcolm Lord
- Frau Zeller: Jane Hanmer
- Admiral Von Schreiber: Hilton Holmes
- Ursula: Hannah Lentink
- Baron Elberfeld: Gary Edwards
- Baroness Elberfeld: Heidi Smith
- Postulant: Ellie Clark
Performances are at 7:30pm on the 11th-14th April 2012 and 2.30pm on Saturday 14th April.
I’ve been working on getting a new website for OMTC up and I decided, as I’m not a web designer and don’t have much of a clue about making good websites, that a WordPress blog was a sensible format to go with.
I’m still experimenting with themes and designs, and there’s plenty more content to add but the most important things are here. If you have any comments, let me know by commenting or emailing me – psumner @ omtc.info
Performances are at the following times:
- 7:30pm on Friday 2nd
- 2:30pm and 7:30pm on Saturday the 3rd
- 2:30pm on Sunday the 4th
With a traditional cast including Cinderella (Kate MacDonald), Prince Charming (Julie Fisher) and Dandini (Lucy Jones), Buttons (Gareth Lord), King Charles (John Pritchard) and Queen Camilla (Janet Williams), 2 very ugly sisters (Phil Sumner and Tom Whitchurch), Mr Gawd & Mr Bennet (Heather Williams & Mark Lord), this show features popular songs for all ages including “In the Country” (Cliff Richard), “Tonight” (West Side Story), “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”, and “I Do, I Do, I Do” (Abba).
A great night (or afternoon) out. A bar and raffle are available. Doors open 30 minutes before performance.
Tickets £10/£7 from Music Makers,5 Old Chapel Court, Oswestry (next to Milanos coffee shop). Groups welcome: buy 10 tickets, get 1 free – email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or leave a comment!
This is my first post!